[SOLVED] New to Proxmox

I changed both Gateways to 192.168.1.1.
PC pinged the server with no problem.
Server no response from PC.

Thank you so much for the help. This has been like a week-long issue. I am sure I will be back with more questions ha ha.

I swear I spammed that IP on my PC many times after setting the IPs and such. It does work.
I fully believe you, this is not unusual ;) what has changed, tho, is the interface settings were changed to one of the physical interfaces on the machine.
My thought is, when you added the card, all the interface names changed as well. So, your original interface settings no-longer pointed at a valid device. In the first change to interfaces, we simply made sure that the machine was using a real interface. After that, and the reboot to make sure, things came to life.

Note: Mark thread as solved ;)

I fully believe you, this is not unusual ;) what has changed, tho, is the interface settings were changed to one of the physical interfaces on the machine.
My thought is, when you added the card, all the interface names changed as well. So, your original interface settings no-longer pointed at a valid device. In the first change to interfaces, we simply made sure that the machine was using a real interface. After that, and the reboot to make sure, things came to life.

Note: Mark thread as solved ;)
Is there a way to solve why onboard NIC is not working? I read somewhere that it might be along the line of it being set as a dedicated interface for the console.

That's actually going to be a bit outside my experience here, while I do run medium-advanced Proxmox setups, they tend to be with supported hardware out of the box. What I can tell you, is that the interfaces gain support with newer Kernel versions, depending on the chipset support for the board.

Additionally, look at your interfaces files, note that none of the other interfaces listed by "IP a" are listed. For them to work, they will need individual configurations set up, then they can be made "live" and be used in proxmox. The earlier link to the Debian interfaces configuration tutorial will help you greatly with that. And, as your config is working, make sure you note down all the current settings before making any changes, so you can revert to a working config.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!