New server alone, reboot my cluster in produccion.

HFernandez

May 20, 2019
Hello, I have a very strange and very serious mistake!

I have 3 Lenovo servers in cluster 5.4-5 running in production correctly.

I have acquired a new lenovo server with proxmox 6.0-1 that is alone, that when I turn it on after 2 minutes it makes me restart the all servers in the production cluster !!!

The Cluster and the new server have independent UPSs, they have a separate switch connected by a fiber trunk.

The cluster uses bond + LACP

The new server has bond + LACP

This started to happen when I changed a 1Gb LOMB board to another 10Gb LOMB on the new server. He was on with the previous plate and working for weeks without any problem.

It occurs to them what could be happening?

Have you checked to make sure your not got a duplicate IP or got a port in the wrong LACP group? So when the new switch comes online it's making one of the old server(s) seem network unavailable and causing the cluster to reboot.

Hi sg90 thanks for answering, I have reviewed ip and lapc, everything was working ok, just add a 10gb board.
But if it were duplicated, would it throw down a whole cluster? it would be crazy not?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!