New Quad-2.5Gbe NIC install --not active but detected.

ijayjayi

May 18, 2023
So, here is the thing. i have a dual SFP+ NIC that works well. I also wanted to place a 2.5Gbe Quad card into my proxmox machine. I am simply trying to do a linux bridge within proxmox. The card is seen but wont become active. I tried a dual 10Gbe card and it was seen and would become active no problem. I have tried two different Quad 2.5Gbe but proxmox does see it yet it wont become active to give any ip link or anything. Any solutions? thanks! Here are some photos to reference what is active but not. thanks in advance! Been trying to wrap my brain around it for the past week ordered a second/different quad 2.5gbe card still same. I prefer a quad 2.5gbe because my unifi switch ports are all 2.5gbe.

1684367851483.png1684367910488.png

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!