New Proxmox user.

amy saxena

May 29, 2018
Howdy,

My name is Amy and need some assistance. I'm new Proxmox user. :)

I need to create KVM templates for VM's using OS such as CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu etc.

Can someone please give me a hand and provide detailed instrctions how to proceed further with this?

Thanks in advance.

- Amy Saxena.

Create a vm with an os of your choice
go to vm -> more -> convert to template

Reactions: amy saxena
Ok thanks,

I created a new VM with CentOS and able to access it using Console option.

However, I'm not able to SSH to it, can you please provide me detailed instructions?

Also, when I try to ssh using its still connected to master Ubuntu instead of CentOS VPS.

Please help.

-Amy

Last edited:
Yes, ssh is running and I can see the status from console.

But, when I try to ssh to it through Putty its connecting to main Ubuntu node instead of newly created CentOS VPS.

Please help.

Yes, I use the correct IP address of vmbr1 but it's connecting to main node instead of VPS.

Please help. :/

if you put an address on a bridge, it belongs to the host
instead put the ip in the container network configuration

you have to configure your network inside you guest, e.g. in debian use /etc/network/interfaces
check the manual of your guest os to do this

Follow this you tube video along, it shows creation of an Ubuntu VM as a container, setting an IP for the VM and how to enable SSH access for the root user using the console tools in Proxmox itself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!