New Proxmox Server with the HDD from the old Proxmox Server

endilein

Dec 28, 2020
Hi everybody,
i have a Question and i dont found any Thread or post that helps me with it.

i have a Proxmox Server running on my HP Server with 2 HDDs.
The first one is only for the Proxmox OS and the second one is for my VMs and images.
My HDD with the Proxmox OS is broken and i set up a new Proxmox Server on a new HDD.
The Question is, how can i mount or add the second HDD with all my VMs and Images to the new Proxmox Installation without to use my Backup. Because my VMs are fine on the second HDD.

Every time i try to add the old HDD to the new server, i receive a message that the HDD need to be wiped and i dont know why?
The only Workaround i found was to import the qcow2 files from one Disk to another. But it takes Days to import all VMs.

Perhaps somebody can help me.

Thanks

hi,

what is your disk filesystem formatted to? can you post the output of lsblk -f? easiest way is just mounting the disk.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!