New proxmox installation (Newbie)

DanielPT

Nov 9, 2021
Hi all

I have been running Hyper-v for a long time. But yesterday my server lost power.

Then my Home Assistant was messed up.

Now i want to try Proxmox instead.

But im no linux guy.

I have seen some videos on YT but i have some questions and sorry if this is totally newbie questions ;)

1: i have about 30 - 40 GB SSD for my Proxmox and Home assistant for now.
Under the installation shall i choose ext4? I have some outher stuff on this SSD will that bee untoothed?

That is the first question for now ;)
Thanks!
Regards Daniel

Proxmox installation (from official ISO) will remove all your current disk data so be warned. IMO 30-40GB is quite low for peace of mind using Proxmox + vms anyway...
Workaround is manually install debian based distro and install Proxmox feature manually on top of it. Doubt you'll manage to do it easily without any linux base knowledge.

Proxmox installation (from official ISO) will remove all your current disk data so be warned. IMO 30-40GB is quite low for peace of mind using Proxmox + vms anyway...
Workaround is manually install debian based distro and install Proxmox feature manually on top of it. Doubt you'll manage to do it easily without any linux base knowledge.
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Okay crap. I will try do add another SSD disk to my system.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!