[SOLVED] New node without ZPOOL, just for quorum

fsoy

Jun 11, 2011
Hi all,
I have a 2-nodes cluster with ZFS replication, so a pool "ZDATA" is created on each host and handled by the cluster.
Now, I've added a third host, without a pool "ZDATA", just for quorum and, on a dedicated storage (not ZDATA, all disks in RAIDZ in "rpool"), doing a PBServer. The host joined the cluster without error, but the zpool "ZDATA" is displayed with a "?" on this third node.
I wonder if it is problematic, and can break something ? And, if not, if I can do something to suppress this pool (at least in webUI) on the 3rd node ?

Last edited:
Under Datacenter->Storage you edit the storage entry and restrict it to the two nodes that actually have that pool.

Oh perfect ! Thank you, I opened this screen but didn't see this option. I need glasses ;)

From time to time, I also happen to find options in dialogs that I've never seen before. We're all getting older. :D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!