Feb 26, 2009
Chennai - India & Singapore
github.com
Do we need a new version of Debian Application Builder or a mere
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
would suffice?

It would be nice if the SugarCRM, FrontAccounting, eyeOS build files - dab.conf, Application.conf and Makefile - were released (without their application.tar.gz / zip files to conserve space and bandwidth but with links to the application files in their respective development repositories) in the dab-pve-appliances_YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz file.

Do we need a new version of Debian Application Builder or a mere
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
would suffice?

I dont understand that question. How does dab relate to the PVE version?

It would be nice if the SugarCRM, FrontAccounting, eyeOS build files - dab.conf, Application.conf and Makefile - were released (without their application.tar.gz / zip files to conserve space and bandwidth but with links to the application files in their respective development repositories) in the dab-pve-appliances_YYYY-MM-DD.tar.gz file.

Are you willing to provide suppoprt for them?

- Dietmar

I'd like to know if Debian Application Builder is dependant on the Host PVE Version. Since in PVE v1.1 which was based on Etch, DAB worked quite well, can we take it that it needs no patch or new version to work with PVE 1.2 which is based on Lenny?

I'd certainly like to provide support for building and installing the said applications. The applications usage support can be obtained from the community forums in the respective application sites.

The need for the build files to be made available is to encourage everyone to tweak and build their own applications and learn from them to build better ones.

I have placed the build files for eyeOS and FrontAccounting on the wiki itself and have updated the build files and the template when the versions changed, including upgrade instructions. I have provided upgrade instructions for the Joomla! and the MediaWiki templates as well, as their build files were available.

Thanks once again for such a wonderful mashup!

I'd like to know if Debian Application Builder is dependant on the Host PVE Version. Since in PVE v1.1 which was based on Etch, DAB worked quite well, can we take it that it needs no patch or new version to work with PVE 1.2 which is based on Lenny?

dab is not dependent on the PVE host version.

I'd certainly like to provide support for building and installing the said applications. The applications usage support can be obtained from the community forums in the respective application sites.

OK, then just send me a patch for dab-pve-appliances (to dietmar@proxmox.com)

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!