New backup and restore features and cloning

c0mputerking

Oct 5, 2011
Hello all i know this question is asked alot, but i could not find anything specifically pertaining to the new 2.x version now that it has backup and restore features.

I need to clone some virtual machines and i have backups created using the backup feature. Was hoping i could just do a restore and change the vid from say 101 to 102, but alas this is not the case.

Is cloning going to be implemented? and for now is there a simple way to copy a backup file and then restore it to a new vmachine? I think proxmox is using lvm by default now would this work best?

Thanks in advance and i hope this thread is not to redundant

Is cloning going to be implemented? and for now is there a simple way to copy a backup file and then restore it to a new vmachine? I think proxmox is using lvm by default now would this work best?

You can already do that if you select the content view of a storage, and press restore there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!