Neutral language for pmg

Mar 3, 2023
Hi Folks

One piece of push back we got with our user acceptance testing was the use of "whitelist" and "blacklist". It was a fairly simple fix of creating /usr/share/pmg-i18n/pmg-lang-en.js to override the defaults. In case anyone else has need:

JavaScript:
__proxmox_i18n_msgcat__ = {
    "1336346898": ["Allowlist"],
    "314166508" : ["Blocklist"],
    "646797339" : ["User Allowlist"],
    "926364573" : ["User Blocklist"],
    "966201948" : ["Use Auto-Allowlists"]
};

function fnv31a(text) {
    var len = text.length;
    var hval = 0x811c9dc5;
    for (var i = 0; i < len; i++) {
        var c = text.charCodeAt(i);
        hval ^= c;
        hval += (hval << 1) + (hval << 4) + (hval << 7) + (hval << 8) + (hval << 24);
    }
    hval &= 0x7fffffff;
    return hval;
}

function gettext(buf) {
    var digest = fnv31a(buf);
    var data = __proxmox_i18n_msgcat__[digest];
    if (!data) {
        return buf;
    }
    return data[0] || buf;
}

What I don't know yet is how this will survive an update/upgrade, ie will the message IDs change ...?

Cheers
Toby

Reactions: pvps1
Thanks for raising this issue - we already have an bug-report for it:
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3755

and now that SpamAssassin 4.0 is out and the terms it uses are decided (Welcomelist and Blocklist - to keep acronyms WL and BL consistent) - we'll try to address it soon

Reactions: pvps1
We upgraded to 8.0.6 yesterday, and now have (Welcome|Block)list in the pmg UI, however the daily report still uses the old language, fixed with:
Code:
root@purgatory 11:18 [templates]: diff -c /var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt.orig /var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt
*** /var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt.orig    2023-03-29 11:55:24.939706577 +0100
--- /var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt    2023-08-03 16:15:20.499974259 +0100
*** 40,47 ****
        <td><a style='cursor:pointer;' href='[% item.href | url %]'><b>[% item.subject %]</b></a></td>
        <td align=right nowrap>
          <div style='font-size:xx-small;'>
!           <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=whitelist'>Whitelist</a>&nbsp;
!           <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=blacklist'>Blacklist</a>&nbsp;
            <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=deliver'>Deliver</a>&nbsp;
            <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=delete'>Delete</a>
          </div>
--- 40,47 ----
        <td><a style='cursor:pointer;' href='[% item.href | url %]'><b>[% item.subject %]</b></a></td>
        <td align=right nowrap>
          <div style='font-size:xx-small;'>
!           <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=whitelist'>Welcomelist</a>&nbsp;
!           <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=blacklist'>Blocklist</a>&nbsp;
            <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=deliver'>Deliver</a>&nbsp;
            <a href='[% item.href | url %]&action=delete'>Delete</a>
          </div>

Hi

We're now up to 8.0.11, and after another upate I've had to fix /var/lib/pmg/templates/spamreport-verbose.tt for the [Welcome|Block]list issue. again.

Cheers
Toby

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!