Network Setup proxy arp

blocker

Jun 14, 2010
Hello,

i have a question regarding the network setup of the proxmox VE using it with proxy arp

so here is our network setup (already talked to the network admin and he refuses to make changes... so i really need to get proxmox VE running on that network setup)

the network uses static routing, and does not allow the use of multiple MAC's on one switch port, so i need somehow to do mac spoofing

if i manually setup the network of the server like this:

• a host
    living under 192.168.10.10 with a netmask of 255.255.255.0
  • a KVM guest
    designated to live under 192.168.10.20
eth0 stanzas come here....

auto tap0
iface tap0 inet manual
tunctl_user root
uml_proxy_arp 192.168.10.20
uml_proxy_ether eth0
up ip link set tap0 up
post-up sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
post-up sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.tap0.proxy_arp=1
pre-down sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=0
down ip link set tap0 down

and then start the guest like this:
kvm \
[...] \
-net nic \
-net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no \
[...]

it runs out of the box with this setup on my network config

How can i make this setup work with the proxmox VE

Thanks for your help in advance!

p/s in the examples above i used private IP addresses, but in my real setup we have to use real IP addresses

Hey,

i have the same Problem here. Who can i edit the Proxmox KVM Startscript? Or in which format can i write this in the Qemu-Server conf?

Thank you!

i have the same Problem here. Who can i edit the Proxmox KVM Startscript? Or in which format can i write this in the Qemu-Server conf?

Sorry, but modifying the KVM start script is not supported. What exactly do you want do to?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!