network problem

S1ckZ

Nov 25, 2018
Good day, I have the following problem I have set up a server for my community with ProxMox> Debian9 and have a game server running there until then everything is very good. With my Localen IP I also come to the server but not with the Public IP !! How can I adjust this correctly that other people from the internet can connect to it.

Sorry is Google translator

Kind regards
Nico Z.

Guten Tag, ich habe folgendes Problem ich habe für meine Community einen Server aufgesetzt mit ProxMox > Debian9 und habe dort einen Gameserver laufen funktioniert bis dahin alles sehr gut. Mit meiner Localen IP komme ich auch auf den Server aber mit der Öffentlichen IP nicht!! Wie kann ich das richtig einstellen das auch andere Leute aus dem Internet daruf connecten können.

Sorry is Google Übersetzer

MFG
Nico Z.

Good day, I have the following problem I have set up a server for my community with ProxMox> Debian9 and have a game server running there until then everything is very good. With my Localen IP I also come to the server but not with the Public IP !! How can I adjust this correctly that other people from the internet can connect to it.

Guessing your gameserver is a VM:

The easiest way is to forward the requested ports to those in the gameserver VM

Deutsch:
Nehme an, der Gameserver ist eine VM:

Der einfachste Weg ist die benötigten Ports an jene in der Gameserver-VM weiterzuleiten.

Für Posts in Deutsch einfach https://forum.proxmox.com/forums/proxmox-ve-deutsch.20/ verwenden!

I have just looked in the web interface I can not find an option port forwarding means.
Cannot be done via GUI. You have to use "iptables". For more information study the related man page(s). Also giving "iptables port forward" as search keywords in goolge will offer you a lot of information, e.g. https://wiki.debian.org/de/Portweiterleitung

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!