Network: "Pending changes (Please reboot to activate changes)" Can i do without reboot?

postcd

Sep 16, 2013
Hello, in Proxmox i edit host server's network bridge or add new one and it says:
Pending changes (Please reboot to activate changes)

Can i apply these changes anyhow without restarting host server and all virtual servers?

---
FJFB606 says: "You have tried renaming /etc/network/interfaces.new by /etc/network/interfaces, then doing /etc/init.d/networking restart"
My reaction: is it safe to just replace that files? I think there must be some reason why Proxmox requests reboot?

Last edited:
Has probado renombrando el /etc/network/interfaces.new por /etc/network/interfaces, luego haciendo un /etc/init.d/networking restart.

Disculpa que te responda en español, pero mi ingles es muy malo

Reactions: postcd

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!