network issue with 1 network card and 2 VMs

tirailleurdd

Aug 3, 2018
Hello!

First I'm sorry for my Poor English, i'll try to do my best...

I'm net with Proxmox and not more with Linux. I had a NAS with OMV running on and a Raspberry with Raspbian and Jeedom (home automation). I tried to install Jeedom on a container with the Docker plugin but did't working.
By searching for an other solution, I discovered Proxmox. So I install it on my NAS easily, install a first VM with OMV and it worked great. Then I install Debian 9 and Jeedom without problem, but by restarting the NAS, I Lost my IP Adresses and seems that mac adresses for Proxmox change at every restart of the NAS.
I need to keep ip adresses fixes to accès easily to my server.

I was searching on the web but can't understand how to configure my Proxmox/VM's network to keep fixe adresses for Proxmox gui and each VM.

Can anybody help me please?

here are my /etc/network/interface for Proxmox :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface enp2s0 inet manual
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.180
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
bridge-ports enp2s0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

And here for my first VM :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug ens18
iface ens18 inet dhcp

Thanks for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!