[SOLVED] Network doesn't come up - ifupdown2-pre.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Apr 17, 2020
One of my PVE nodes is failing to start networking on reboot despite having identical configuration as other working nodes. I've seen https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-6-network-wont-start.56362/ but I'm not sure why you'd want to mask the service . If I restart ifupdown2-pre.service the connection comes up. I've attached all the logs I can think of. This system was a clean install of 6.2.

Attachments

• PVE Logs.log
    5.4 KB · Views: 10
It looks like this might be the ultimate cause so maybe there is a hardware failure some where but I haven't found it.

Code:
root@cloud4:~# journalctl -u systemd-udev-settle
-- Logs begin at Thu 2020-08-13 08:23:01 CDT, end at Thu 2020-08-13 09:14:33 CDT. --
Aug 13 08:23:02 cloud4.example.com systemd[1]: Starting udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization...
Aug 13 08:25:02 cloud4.example.com systemd[1]: systemd-udev-settle.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 13 08:25:02 cloud4.example.com systemd[1]: systemd-udev-settle.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 13 08:25:02 cloud4.example.com systemd[1]: Failed to start udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!