Network/Devices/errors when trying to install 6.2 or 6.1 No Can Do!

driftwood

May 11, 2020
Got a new system, threadripper 3970x, TRX40 mobo. Prepared proxmox boot correctly on usb stick; have a freshly formatted 250 gb ssd drive for install. So I run usb proxmox install and it hangs sometimes on the /DEV or other times at Check git dev...blah blah bl;ah

Booting to debug mode: I have two Nics, if I issue command 'ip a'

I get only this
1: lo: <Loopback> mtu 65536 qdisc noop qlen 1000
Link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00

NO OTHER nics!?

weirdly the Proxmox carries on into install after a bit of time, but when I get to Management interfaces screen enp70s0 followed by a double Mac address (is this IPv6?), if I click on the other nic (Atlantic) pve.home I get offered a nice IP4 address 192.168.1.134. If I look at my router, the hub is seeing the first address as 192.168.1.144, so if I change it from the mac address to the nice ip4 address (the one with 144) will this effect anything?

Proxmox totally screws up recognition of nics I reckon.

I need the 144 one for proxmox and the 134 Aquina for the vm as its supported directly by the OS Ill install on a nvme drive.

EDIT: Now after install finishes I can't log into the Mac address (the one I changed to 192.168.1.44) and all browsers refuse https:/192.168.1.44:8006/ me entry, is this because Proxmox doesnt recognise the nic properly?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated cus Im scared to go thru re-install another time!

Last edited:
EDIT: Now after install finishes I can't log into the Mac address (the one I changed to 192.168.1.44) and all browsers refuse https:/192.168.1.44:8006/ me entry, is this because Proxmox doesnt recognise the nic properly?
44 != 144

In any case, please post a complete ip addr output.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!