Network Configuration Problems

vogelmeister

Feb 17, 2013
Hello, i hope my thread is right here.

The Situation: I have a clean Proxmox VE 2.2 installation on a VPS (KVM) Hosting Package by a Hosting Provider. I use it for nested virtualisation.

I have Created two Open VZ instances, i have a basic understanding of the Network Configuration on Windows and Linux Systems on LAN Networks, but this is the first time that i test this kind of installation by a hosting proider.

I describe now my IP Configuration (I use only example data, no real ip adresses or DNS names):

DNS and IP Adress of Proxmox VE 2.2 on the VPS --> vhost001xxx.xx --> 82.123.24.11
DNS and IP Adress of the first created vm --> vserver001xxx.xx --> 32.321.24.5
DNS and IP Adress of the second created vm --> vserver002xxx.xx --> 32.321.24.6

The IP Adresses are all by the Hosting Provider, no special DNS or iptables configuration is done.

The Domain is registerd by external Registrar and via DNS Record Type A pointed on the ip adresse's and by the Hosting Provider i have set a rdns record to the dns names.

The DNS Configuration is working properly.

I can connected me with vnc (proxmox internal vnc) on each vz instance. The instances are ok, memory balance is ok, no errors.

i use an ovz template: debian-6.0-standard_6.0-6_i386.tar.gz

I need help with the right network settings for vmbr0 to let the vm's communicate with the world ;-)

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

In the case someone can help me with Network Settings, i will make a tutorial right here about the installation and the Configuration from Proxmox (Nested Virtualisation baste on Open VZ) by a Hosting Provider.

And sorry for my bad english i hope the meaning of my explenations are always understandable.

Last edited:
Traceroute-Output? Correct default GW and DNS for the VM's? SSH-login allowed for 0.0.0.0 or fixed IP? :)

Last edited:
Hello, i hope my thread is right here.

The Situation: I have a clean Proxmox VE 2.2 installation on a VPS (KVM) Hosting Package by a Hosting Provider. I use it for nested virtualisation.

I have Created two Open VZ instances, i have a basic understanding of the Network Configuration on Windows and Linux Systems on LAN Networks, but this is the first time that i test this kind of installation by a hosting proider.

I describe now my IP Configuration (I use only example data, no real ip adresses or DNS names):

DNS and IP Adress of Proxmox VE 2.2 on the VPS --> vhost001xxx.xx --> 82.123.24.11
DNS and IP Adress of the first created vm --> vserver001xxx.xx --> 32.321.24.5
DNS and IP Adress of the second created vm --> vserver002xxx.xx --> 32.321.24.6

The IP Adresses are all by the Hosting Provider, no special DNS or iptables configuration is done.

The Domain is registerd by external Registrar and via DNS Record Type A pointed on the ip adresse's and by the Hosting Provider i have set a rdns record to the dns names.

The DNS Configuration is working properly.

I can connected me with vnc (proxmox internal vnc) on each vz instance. The instances are ok, memory balance is ok, no errors.

i use an ovz template: debian-6.0-standard_6.0-6_i386.tar.gz

I need help with the right network settings for vmbr0 to let the vm's communicate with the world ;-)

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

In the case someone can help me with Network Settings, i will make a tutorial right here about the installation and the Configuration from Proxmox (Nested Virtualisation baste on Open VZ) by a Hosting Provider.

And sorry for my bad english i hope the meaning of my explenations are always understandable.
Hi,
I wouldn't be sure, that an bridge on an virtual nic work without issues.

But test with "tcpdump -i vmbr0" during pring from the CT to outside - which pakets arive the bridge, and do you get answers?
Are the same output with eth0 instead of vmbr0 (should be)?.

Allow the hoster different mac-addresses?

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!