Network configuration - private vlan advice needed

wellbein

May 12, 2020
hello all,
i need an advice about best practice to properly configure private network between two nodes

The two nodes are connected to a vSwitch provided by our datacenter with vlan id 3000 for exemple.

this vlan is only for Cluster network purpose, not for VM.

in this context, can i use only Linux Vlan (with raw device eno1), or should i create the Linux Vlan, and a Linux Bridge with Bridged port eno1.3000 ??

actually, one node have only the Linux Vlan, the other one have the Linux Bridge and it seems to work but it s not clean.

thanks in advance.

You can either work with vlan aware linux bridges, vlan unaware linux bridges bridged to a linux vlan interface or you can use a ovs bridge.

hello,
thanks. Yes i know that i can, but i try to know what i should do.
Actually, i have no bridge, only a vlan interface for cluster network one both nodes, it seems to be ok.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!