network 1: no free leases

TechLineX

Mar 2, 2015
Code:
Aug 17 02:58:45 host dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:c4:48:f6:79:fd via vmbr0: network 1: no free leases
Aug 17 02:58:56 host dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:c2:bc:35:31:5e via vmbr0: network 1: no free leases
Aug 17 02:58:57 host dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:c2:bc:35:31:5e via vmbr0: network 1: no free leases
Aug 17 02:58:59 host dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:c2:bc:35:31:5e via vmbr0: network 1: no free leases

Actually there are a lot of those posts in the syslog. Is there a way to find out the source of those requests? Can't find it under /etc/pve/*

Regards

Assuming this log comes from the host, I'd say you have a VM spamming dhcp requests, quickly draining the pool of available addresses, thus generating these messages. You should be able to identify the VM with the MAC and then see what's wrong with the network config.

You should be able to identify the VM with the MAC and then see what's wrong with the network config.

VM configuration is stores under /etc/pve - means I should find the configuration with grep & the given mac.

But there is no server with this mac-address I think.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!