netdata emails from proxmox host

borpin

Jun 27, 2020
I recently installedProxmox for the first time. As usual, I installed netdata to monitor performance but I am suddenly getting emails from netdata cloud warning me of issues. I have no recollection of doing anything that would cause this.

What is controlling this configuration and how can I change it?

I'd wager this doesn't have anything to do with PVE and instead with maybe an update to the netdata application. Maybe try asking on their website/forum/github instead of here. If you still want help here, you definitely need to add more info: what issues is it warning you about, what version of PVE are you running, how did you configure it, etc...

So I have just found an obscure post from 3 years ago https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-is-user-cfg-related-mapped-to-postfix-aliases.37560/

So yes it is PVE :) that is causing the emails to be sent in comparison to other installs of netdata on Raspbian, Debian or Ubuntu.

Code:
cd /etc/netdata/
./edit-config health_alarm_notify.conf
systemctl restart netdata.service

Set

SEND_EMAIL="NO" in the health_alarm_notify.conf file

I think will solve it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!