Nested Bonding

Astraea

Renowned Member
Aug 25, 2018
I am still planning my next switch upgrade and the switches that are within my budget and with the speed and # of ports that I am wanting them to have do not support any type of multi-chassis aggregation or stacking of the switches. I have tried experimenting with setting up a nested bond within the Proxmox VE WebUI but it throws an error when creating the Active/Backup bond when adding the pair of LACP bonds as slaves.

While I am aware I could modify the interfaces file from the CLI, this could introduce unwanted effects during other management/administrative tasks that I complete using the WebUI and also possible issues during Proxmox VE updates.

Should I abandon this approach and look at bonding the 4 interfaces together using LACP on the node and then LACP bonding each set of 2 on the switches? Could the WebUI be updated to allow for nested bonding?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!