Need to change the time for daily spam report

sanojs

Sep 13, 2019
Hi Team,

I am looking for an option to get hourly spam report or reduce the duration of sending reports to end user

Currently there is one message per day, but my users need to receive information about blocked message in few minutes or one hour.

Can we set rule for this?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Currently there is one message per day, but my users need to receive information about blocked message in few minutes or one hour.
You mean that the report should be sent out within one hour after receiving the spam mail?

In that case, why not use a different approach?

Instead of having the rules which will quarantine spam mails, add a custom header with which you will be able to identify it as recognized spam. On the downstream mail server you can set up a rule to match against this header and move the mails into a local spam/junk folder. This way your users will see right away that a new mail arrived, which could be spam.

You mean that the report should be sent out within one hour after receiving the spam mail?

>> yes

We are using zimbra mail server, we tried the option but creating some other problems.

Can you suggest any possible way we can do in proxmox

Thanks

Thanks Aaron It works for me

one more query, not sure I can ask the question here because it is a different issue.

Email spoofing is happening more in our email domain. And proxmox blocking those emails and while sending reports it also included by default, normal case. So users are getting panic while seeing their own address in both TO and FROM headers.

See the below email as an example. Is there anyway we can avoid only those e-mails not sending to user via spam report.

Not sure how spammer getting the organization e-mail id's. Even the email server and users system are not compromised.

Delivered-To: a.reh@abc.ae
Return-Path: a.reh@abc.ae
Received: from proxmox.ae (unknown [192.168.0.1])
by proxmox.ae (Proxmox) with ESMTP id B6FAA4C13
for <a.reh@abc.ae>; Tue, 18 Aug 2020 01:01:23 +0400 (+04)
Received: from [41.230.92.78] (unknown [41.230.92.78])
by proxmox.ae (Postfix) with ESMTP id 9E7F1200A68
for <a.reh@abc.ae>; Tue, 18 Aug 2020 01:05:05 +0400 (+04)
To: <a.reh@abc.ae>
Date: 17 Aug 2020 21:26:17 +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
subject: SPAM: =?utf-8?B?2K/Zgdi5INin2YTYudmC2K8u?=
Message-ID: <5F3AFE2D.8968.FEF607@a.reh@abc.ae>
Priority: normal
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.41)
Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-37084.3593333"
X-SPAM-LEVEL: Spam detection results: 8
BITCOIN_SPAM_07 1 BitCoin spam pattern 07
HELO_MISC_IP 0.001 Looking for more Dynamic IP Relays
HTML_MESSAGE 0.001 HTML included in message
MPART_ALT_DIFF_COUNT 1.483 HTML and text parts are different
NO_FM_NAME_IP_HOSTN 0.001 No From name + hostname using IP address
PDS_BTC_ID 0.5 FP reduced Bitcoin ID
RCVD_IN_PBL 3.558 Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
RDNS_NONE 1.274 Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
TO_EQ_FM_DIRECT_MX 1 To == From and direct-to-MX

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!