Need help with storage

VirtualA

Dec 7, 2018
Hello,

I'm stuck and need some help :). I have an LVM across 4 spinning disks I created at some point in the past (without Proxmox). I have since moved the drives to my Proxmox machine and can see them in the web interface. I would like to share my LVM across multiple VMs to use and I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I am able to allocate block data from the LVM to the virtual machines, but I instead want my LVM to serve data to any VM. Should I be creating an NFS share, if so - how do I tell the NFS machine to access my entire LVM and not a block.

As you can see I am a bit confused and need some guidance.

Thanks!

I do the same thing now but with zfs.
I have a proxmox setup.
I have dedicated zfs pool for system
Also an additional zfs pool for system storage. And several zfs pools for all my data.

Here where it gets complicated.
I mostly run lxc containers. So I just bind mount pool or a folder from the pool into container.
But for VM you might need to setup nfs mounts.

I ended up creating an NFS share on the root proxmox host and was able to mount the share to the virtual machines.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!