Need help with storage

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by VirtualA, Dec 7, 2018.

1. VirtualA

VirtualA New Member

Hello,

I'm stuck and need some help :). I have an LVM across 4 spinning disks I created at some point in the past (without Proxmox). I have since moved the drives to my Proxmox machine and can see them in the web interface. I would like to share my LVM across multiple VMs to use and I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I am able to allocate block data from the LVM to the virtual machines, but I instead want my LVM to serve data to any VM. Should I be creating an NFS share, if so - how do I tell the NFS machine to access my entire LVM and not a block.

As you can see I am a bit confused and need some guidance.

Thanks!

2. jim.bond.9862

jim.bond.9862 Member

I do the same thing now but with zfs.
    I have a proxmox setup.
    I have dedicated zfs pool for system
    Also an additional zfs pool for system storage. And several zfs pools for all my data.

Here where it gets complicated.
    I mostly run lxc containers. So I just bind mount pool or a folder from the pool into container.
    But for VM you might need to setup nfs mounts.

3. VirtualA

VirtualA New Member

I ended up creating an NFS share on the root proxmox host and was able to mount the share to the virtual machines.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice