Need configuration tip PVE direkt internet connection VM on private network

muekno

Dec 15, 2023
I read a lot of documents and forum posts but do not come forward
Existing situation, own server hosted at ISP with /28 public IPv4 network.
ESXi direkt on the WAN, multiple VMs on a 10.10.10.1/24 local network, Web server, Mail server, DNS server manage by ISPConfig on own server in the internal network. public IPs are forwarded to internal server via NAT

Like to have similar config with proxmox by replacing the ESXi.
Thinking to use proxmox firewall and open only ports tcp 25, tcp+udp 53, 80, 443, pops and imaps for access to mailboxes and a port for Wireguard VPN.
access to proxmox configuration and ISPConfig and SSH on all servers only via VPN

What I am stuck in is confguring proxmox network so that I can install the mostly Debian internal server with the minimal build that needs internet access to get all the file from Debian.

For testing and learning I am to build a demo with a virtual PVE simulating that one that will be on bare metal later.

Thanks for any hint

Regards

Rainer

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!