Need better quota management

j1a2o

Feb 14, 2021
PBS currently allows the backup space usage to go right up to the quota limit and run out. When this happens, it can't even prune & garbage collect. PBS needs to set a reserve for itself or allow a separate configurable limit.

Well... you might put this as a feature request on https://bugzilla.proxmox.com - if it is not registered as a problem already. This way some developers might spot it.

I am just a (home-) user, but my expectation is that a "disk full"-event should not kill the workflow and cleaning up should be possible...

Best regards

Is there a solution for the quota problem on PBS ?

I have the service from tuxis ( work very well by the way) but my testing fill up the storage.

i want to make some space, but i can't bexause there is no space for cleaning either :

Code:
TASK ERROR: update atime failed for chunk/file "/mnt/datastore/backup001/DBxxxx/toto/.chunks/61a5/61a5a959a6cdc651e9cc0ec7f4cb8185d74ba97cee456a5767b9ebfb09bc036c" - EDQUOT: Quota exceeded

i don't have acces to the server so i am stuck with a full quota , and i can't do some cleaning.

Is there a solution?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!