[SOLVED] My proxmox VE is crashing

Tiegertropfen119

Apr 8, 2021
Hello I have a problem with my Proxmox VE server my server crash every day

I've already tried to update it but without success

IMG_20210411_133835.jpg

9rvz9e8q.png

/var/log/Syslog/ :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JgKY6w-LoTGph_KZfulI2IDLb7Mb8oTe/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NbxTA8TmX9ixHlyrygI6-DpCKgQ9jOwZ/view?usp=sharing

Setup

Code:
Kernelversion : Linux 5.4.73-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.73-1
PVE Manager Version : pve-manager/6.3-2/22f57405

CPU : 4 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (1 Socket)
20 GB Ram (DDR3)

SSD : Intenson 3813430-532102015

Hey, I'm assuming you've already run hardware diagnostics on the CPU(multi-threaded), memory(at leaset 2 passes), and drives(and tested network cables if you are booting/running the VMs over the network) as well as checked the voltages that the motherboard is putting out, right?

If so, let everyone know you're hardware checks out before continuing. Also, it helps you know what your power supply is and the draw of each component, just to make sure you aren't overloading your allotted wattage.

If not, you should always make those checks first. I just fixed a problem a few months ago that was caused by my boot media, but I thought it was the update process corrupting the boot files. Also, in the last month the motherboard in one of my servers was having a power distribution problem and needed to be replaced, but it was failing to send enough power to my 10Gbit SFP card and some of the VMs were crashing because of the inconsistent power since I was using a NAS to store the VM data for HA clustering.

Hey, I'm assuming you've already run hardware diagnostics on the CPU(multi-threaded), memory(at leaset 2 passes), and drives(and tested network cables if you are booting/running the VMs over the network) as well as checked the voltages that the motherboard is putting out, right?

If so, let everyone know you're hardware checks out before continuing. Also, it helps you know what your power supply is and the draw of each component, just to make sure you aren't overloading your allotted wattage.

If not, you should always make those checks first. I just fixed a problem a few months ago that was caused by my boot media, but I thought it was the update process corrupting the boot files. Also, in the last month the motherboard in one of my servers was having a power distribution problem and needed to be replaced, but it was failing to send enough power to my 10Gbit SFP card and some of the VMs were crashing because of the inconsistent power since I was using a NAS to store the VM data for HA clustering.
thanks i already found the error a ram stick was broken

thanks i already found the error a ram stick was broken
Yeah, just straight crashes are likely to be hardware as long as there wasn't a bug in an update. Though if it was a bug you'd see hundreds of posts about crashes around the same time. Always perform regular hardware checks as a precaution, but especially to exclude common issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!