My first mini pc running Proxmox. Is there an easy way to test a lot of apps/containers/vm's to test it?

rb9999

Nov 9, 2023
Big time newbie here. I bought my first relatively modest mini pc and would like to load it quickly (with relatively minimal Proxmox knowledge right now) with a suite of apps/container/vm's and or docker containers in order to see how much it can handle. I am just using it as a homelab setup and don't have any business reasons other than discovering new things to do with it. I currently run a Synology NAS with a lot of Media Center docker apps currently.

Is there something I could use to do this? Even a docker stack with 20 or so apps running or something like that? I kind of want to see what this hardware is capable of doing?

The pc is a 12th Gen N95 with 16gb ram.

You can use lxc-containers with templates (that are already there) see. Those apps are more business-related.

1700644732459.png

For home use, I would start with something like TIPI: https://github.com/runtipi/runtipi
1700645007225.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!