My console dont work

BeatOne

Mar 4, 2020
Hello,

I just installed a Proxmox server.

I cannot access its console via the web interface.

Error:

Code:
Code:
timed out waiting for client
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /nodes/Proxmox --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 4
Via ssh it works.

But if I install a container with for example CentOS 8, I can't access its console via the web interface either.

Here is the error:

Code:
Code:
timed out waiting for client
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5900 --path /vms/100 --perm VM.Console -- /usr/bin/dtach -A /var/run/dtach/vzctlconsole100 -r winch -z lxc-console -n 100 -e -1' failed: exit code 4
You can't use ssh here but the problem here is different:

If I switch to ssh and try to log in as root, it won't use the password I set in the template. I have tried it 3 times. I did not mistype it.

Can anyone help me?

Hi,

Do you have a firewall active?
Because you must allow port 5900:5999 for these connections if you outside the localnet.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!