My 2.0 issues

dazza76

Renowned Member
May 25, 2010
First of all i would like to comment on how nice it is looking .

My issues are as follows.

1. when creating the Container i get "Communication Failure" ( all files are created i click the X and i can start the VZ) does not happen on other install .
2. Network interface on initial does not work it is missing the "Host if Name" and "Host MAC" this needs to be edited and saved then it works.
before edit NETIF="ifname=eth0,mac=0A:A8:C4:05:3D:A9,bridge=vmbr0"
after edit
NETIF="ifname=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,mac=26:69:27:96:6C:5B,host_ifname=veth100.0,host_mac=00:18:51:10:69:DC"

Thanks for all your hard work

let me know which if any log files are required

Thanks

D

I experienced a similar problem working with open vz containers in bridged mode. The autoconfiguration doesn't seem to work yet - to enable connectivity I had to make the additional step of filling out the "Host device name" field in the "Edit ethernet device" dialog box manually (in this case I just filled in "veth100.0").

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!