Multiple Private Networks

Christopher DeNise

Jan 27, 2016
I have a small office network that has a couple vpns up and not very demanding but our existing configuration uses 10.63.1.0/24 for the whole network. My programmer wants a separate private network for his VM set up with proxmox. He wants to use 192.168.1.0/24 for this network and also have the vm's on this net communicate with the existing network. Is there a quick way to set this up in proxmox or does this require the involvement of my other networking appliances?

The easiest way is to create a new vmbridge with this network and assign a new interface to it.
And then give the vm the new vmbridge as network.

proxmox.jpg proxmox.jpg Proxmox is new to me, I'm used to using windows server. What is the process for assigning a new interface? Above is what we currently have so far.

Last edited:
Do you have an second Ethernet card on this server?

Sorry I did not noticed the pic.

Double kick on the vmbr1 and insert to Bridge ports eth1.
now you have to reboot the server to apply the network config.

and if you network is setup correct you can ping 192.168.1.250

ok so far i can ping both my test vm's on the 192.x.x.x/24 network and they can both ping vmbr1 192.168.1.250. How do i get communication going between that net and my 10.x.x.x/24 net?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!