multiple nodes / servers -> one VM? distribute load

K

KOENICH

Hi there!
I've only recently been aware of proxmox and have to decided to using it for a study related project (pure lab install), after I tried OpenStack and ended up with too many bugs. So far, so good - it all works fine and I have set up 3 nodes / servers. Setting up VMs and the like works just like a breeze.
One of the things I would like to do though, is combine the computing power of these to distribute intense jobs, i.e. we've been thinking about a rendering machine consisting of several servers for Blender. I couldn't manage to set up a VM to use several servers though, only several VMs on one server.
So far I've been unable too use the right keywords to google something similar or dig up something about that usercase in this forum.

Since I'm completely new to proxmox, please don't be too upset if this seems a dumb question, but I've been very busy setting up OpenStack througout the last weeks and had few time to read through all the documentation on proxmox so far.
I'd be very happy if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

---
edit
I assume this would most likely require some form of shared file system, Hadoop maybe (haven't had the chance of testing Hadoop unfortunately - yet!)
...basically I'm looking for a cloud system, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!