[SOLVED] Multiple internal subnets

vlx

Jul 28, 2009
Hello,

I'm working on a single proxmox node (5.2-7) and I want to create setup consisting of multiple VMs belonging to different internal subnets. Idea is to have access to all of them from single VM, but to be able to manage access between them (via firewall). I don't want all VMs to be in single broadcast domain, so I created multiple OVS bridges with different subnets. They don't have any ports added to them, as they are not meant to communicate to the outside world. Some VMs have another nic that is in vmbr0 (one with internet access). I expected that all of those bridges, being on the same host would be able to communicate with each other, but that is not the case. If i try to ping 192.168.15.10 (bridge 1 - vm1) from 192.168.10.3 (bridge 2 - vm2) it doesn't work. If i add route on vm2

route add -net 192.168.15.0/24 gw 192.168.10.1 dev ens19

I'm able to ping 192.168.15.1 (address of the bridge 1), but not 192.168.15.10

Am I doing this the right way? What would be the appropriate way to create multiple internal subnets where routing between them works?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!