Multi Chipset USB Card?

hmmmm

Apr 18, 2024
Hey everyone!
First I dont want post any link (yet) to not get banned for Ads... So I ask in a different Forum before if someone use a Multi USB Chipset Card to have one dedicated Chipset for an Virtual Machine. Why is that important? Well simple there is physical HW who thankfully use USB to communicate with an Host. There are also "cheap" Chinese USB over Glasfiber extender who allow me to run Glasfiber Cable across our House to connect some Device "Remote" to the Server since the run 24/7.
Since my Server does not have infinet PCE-E Ports I need to have multiple USB Chipset on one PCI-E Card.
I bought years ago one from an Chineese Company here are the specs:

Code:
Host Bus: PCIe x4 Gen 2 (20.0 Gb/s)

Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Revision 2.0

Four independent USB 3.0 Host Controllers (Renesas uPD720202; USB IF TID 380000043)

Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.0 specification Revision 1.0
    Compliant with Intel’s eXtensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI) specification Revision 1.0

Supports USB Battery Charging Specification Revision 1.2 for Charging Downstream Ports (CDP).
Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol)
The Vbus of each USB Port has a 2.0A Single Channel Current-Limited Power Switch for protection

2.0A (70mΩ on-resistance) Single Channel Current-limited Power Switch
    UL File Number E322375

Four USB 3.0 Cable Ports (A-type Receptacle, USB IF TID 360000003)

Provides USB 3.0 cable port lock mechanism (IOI Standard: One Screwlock)

In some other Forum a Person sugest another Company who claim there card is Build for ESXi use and cost ~500€....

So...
a) Can I use my existing Card?
(If anyone have question the Card is in my Server who run VM ESXi (yet) who I can maybe look up more HW IDs or so...)
b) If not cansomeone recommend other Cards?
Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!