Moving KVM-Windows-DCs from Proxmox 1.9 machine to a different 2.1 machine ?

I have a Proxmox 1.9 running with a local RAID5 - and want to move 10 Servers (mainly KVM-machines, some OpenVZ) to an new different hardware running Proxmox 2.1 on a similar local RAID 5 (Same Size , same 3ware-Controller) - all within the same network.
How to achieve that ?
My question or idea:
Could I just shutdown one DC, then move the files, build a new KVM on the new 2.1-machine with the same parameters using these files, start it - and when it finds the domain and settles down, then move the other DCs and server - one by one ?

I suggest U to shutdown the machine, launch a backup, copy the backup to the 2.1 proxmox machine and do a qm restore.
Btw this will change the information about network card and u will need to fix the ip address og the machine.
I've done this and worked like a charm.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!