Moving ceph to ipv6 ring network

jaykavathe

Feb 25, 2021
I have 3 node proxmox cluster on a managed switch (192.168.1.150/151/152)
All VMs are on VLAN 10.

All nodes have 2x1G + 2x 10G. Nodes are running ceph cluster. For each node,
1 x 1G (vmbr0) used for management (192.168.1.150/151/152)
2x 10G on used for IPV6/ospf6 Ring network but network unused for now.
1x 1G spare

Question 1) Ceph network
10G Ring IPV6 works fine, tested but wondering if there is a guide on how to "move" Ceph traffic to this network. Is it as simple as editing ceph.conf and change public/cluster network lines or its complex? The official ceph guide is more in depth than I can understand and it starts with creating ring network from scratch, which I have done with a different method already.

Question 2) Separate physical VM network
Using spare 1G on each node, I connected them to a different switch B with ip 192.168.0.150/151/152 (vmbr1) without any gateway...to physically have separate VM network from management. The VM created on new bridge talk to each other though obviously they dont have access to internet for updates since switch B is not connected to anything but 3 nodes. How typically this is handled, should I connect the new switch B to internet?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!