Move vzdump .gzip to another PVE

esilva

Oct 25, 2023
Hey guys. Here is the cenario:
2 PVEs in same local network. The old PVE contain a vzdump file (70GB compressed in gzip) and i need transfer this vzdump to the new PVE.
First, i try user Cluster (but the proxmox crashed). Then, i try transfer via SCP (this works but is too slow). My last idea is use FTP, but when i use vsftpd protocol appears an error: Bus Error
Apart from these options, are there any others that are viable considering the situation of the old PVE? This error is usually something to do with the disk or memory, we've backed up the VM and I just need to send it to the other one.

Why would any other network transfer be much faster than SCP?

EDIT: I did not realize how very old your hardware is.

Last edited:
Just use netcat. Verbatim copy from Stackechange, second hit at my search engine:
Code:
DestinationShell# nc -l -p 2020 > file.txt

SourceShell# cat file.txt | nc dest.ip.address 2020

vdump .gzip is in a USB drive. I can just plug-in this USB drive in new Proxmox right? How can i mount this USB disk? When i plug-in dont show the "content" . But when i plug-in the old Proxmox appears the content automatically. I didn't ignore the options provided above, but first I want to try this disk method. My question is how to mount the USB disk on the new Proxmox without deleting the gzip inside it. It is currently mounted as ext4, and to send it to the new one I need to mount a new directory in /mnt/? If yes, how do I do it in detail

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!