Move vm-cloudinit drive

Zombie

Feb 12, 2018
So I am moving my ceph OSD's from sas drives to SSD drives. I was able to move the vm's to the new ssd ceph pool with ease using using the move disk in the vm hardware. But there is no option to move the CloudInit Drive (ide2) over to the new ssd ceph pool.

So right now in my hdd ceph pool under VM disks i have the vm-100-cloudinit and need to move it over to the ssd ceph pool and for it to be registered correctly in the VM hardware?

What is the best approach to move the cd rom to the new pool?

Thanks

Remove it and add it again on the Ceph storage. The cloudinit disk is regenerated from the config every time you start the VM.

Thank you, that does work work, but I ended up have to use the qm set cicustom because I was using a custom config.

As stated, this surely does work, but it's really cumbersome to manually recreate these cloud-init disks if you have a lot of machines using them. Is there a particular reason the functionality to move them couldn't be added? It'd be a lot more convenient, faster and less error prone if one could move the cloud-init disk in the same manner as any other disk.

Any thoughts on this @mira ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!