Mouse Point on Console

gsd2012

Apr 16, 2012
Group I am sure this question has come up from time to time but I could not find it on doing a search. I am running the new Proxmox VE 2.0 and built a few VM system but when I go into the console the mouse pointer does not line up with the host machines pointer. Is there a way to fix it? No biggie just more annoying than anything to have one pointer up about an inch further on the screen. I am sorry if this is repeat question but I had no luck in searching for an answer on FAQ and throughout the forum.

Thanks ahead for any help that will correct this. I know in VMWare installing the tools fixes it but didn't know if it was the same for Proxmox and if so where do I find those tools?

what guest OS do you run?

WinXP as (KVM guest) is working without problems. If you got mouse pointer issues with XP, then something is wrong on your system settings.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!