mouse cursor disappears in win10

syouichi

Jan 19, 2023
Excuse me.My english is poor.
I5 8600T UHD630
I once used it well without any problems.
but now it went bad.
I passed through igpu to WIN10, and after connecting the keyboard, mouse and monitor, the screen appeared.
After I entered the password to log in, it became very stuck. (when use remote RDP,it's fluent.)
The most annoying point is that the mouse cursor disappears. I can move the mouse, click the mouse, but I can't see my cursor.
Anyone can give advises?

Last edited:
Are you passing through your keyboard and mouse as usb devices? You can do this in the web interface by clicking on your windows vm -> hardware add -> usb device -> use usb port. Under `choose port` you should be able to find the ones with your keyboard/mouse. However, if you do this, the usb ports (and with that your mouse/keyboard) won't work in proxmox until you turn off your windows vm.

Are you passing through your keyboard and mouse as usb devices? You can do this in the web interface by clicking on your windows vm -> hardware add -> usb device -> use usb port. Under `choose port` you should be able to find the ones with your keyboard/mouse. However, if you do this, the usb ports (and with that your mouse/keyboard) won't work in proxmox until you turn off your windows vm.
I passed through both keyboard and mouse, and i can use them in win10 vm. the problem is that mouse cursor is not visible. I can move the unvisibal cursor to some place with animation reaction like "win","search" icon on the task bar.

I'm assuming you are not using noVNC but if you are, you could click on `settings` on the left side and check the `local cursor` option, to see if that helps. But otherwise i suspect this is a windows issue. I saw some instructions of what you can try after googling `windows mouse invisible`.

I'm assuming you are not using noVNC but if you are, you could click on `settings` on the left side and check the `local cursor` option, to see if that helps. But otherwise i suspect this is a windows issue. I saw some instructions of what you can try after googling `windows mouse invisible`.
I'm using a physical monitor. I also attribute this issue to win10 system, so yesterday I reinstall win10 after searching solution by google. But it has no helps. by the way, I'm using logitech Unifying keyboard with toupad and mouse which was difficult to pass through or not working after passing through.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!