Mount NFS or local path to VM

pblou

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I have a active VM with Windows SBS 2011 with 3 drives C: for SYS D:for ÈXCHANGE and E: for USERS DATAS.

I backup C: D: with Proxmox on NAS NFS storage and use ImageDisk on Windows for E: USERS DATAS (500Go) to same NAS.

I want to restore this to a other VM (C: D: vzdump) but need after to start system for use ImageDisk and restore E: USERS DATAS but, I cant start the restore VM because conflict with the active VM Windows SBS 2011.

I can start restore VM with network disable or in a VLAN, but how to access to NAS NFS Storage ?

Can I mount a local path in a VM
Can I mount a NFS storage in a VM ???

Tell me is it's not clear.

thks for your help

Zp

i would do it like this:

restore to new vmid
disable network (hardware->nic->disconnect)
start vm
reconfigure vm so that it does not conflict with original vm
connect network (hardware->nic->disconnect uncheck)
connect to nas
restore
finish :)

Hello dcapak,

thks for reply but it's not too easy... SBS is a domain controler, I can change IP not server name on the network = conflict

the NAS NFS is mouting in Proxmox /pve/nas, i think where is a solution for access to this local path in Windows on VM ?

Zp

the NAS NFS is mouting in Proxmox /pve/nas, i think where is a solution for access to this local path in Windows on VM ?
no this is not possible

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!