mount lvm to lxc container

gergogyerek

Jul 7, 2020
hi,
I used to have ubuntu on my server, today I wiped ubuntu and installed proxmox, yihaa :)
I had a few lxc containers on ubuntu, I wiped them all and now i'm recreating them. Storj was one of them (https://storj.io/)

on the server i have 2 HW raid5 arrays, lets call them "ssd" and "data", they were configured in LVM. ssd-vg, data-vg.
ssd-vg has been wiped, proxmox has been installed on it, data-vg is still there with all the important data.

I would like to mount/attach (?) the following LV to the storj container so it can read all the existing data, but not sure how..

Disk /dev/mapper/data--vg-storj--lv: 3.3 TiB, 3569117822976 bytes, 6970933248 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 262144 bytes / 786432 bytes

I managed to add storage to datacenter and proxmox can see it:
1594076957455.png

under proxmox storage the data-vg is visible:
1594077039562.png

in "storj" container the only option is to add a mount point. storj is visible, which is good, but not sure what the disk size should be? I would like to assign the whole logical volume. I set the disk size to 3190 GB, it was visible under the container, but it was empty, my data was not there..
1594077179483.png

Could you please guide me to the right direction?
If you need more info please let me know.
thank you in advance
Gergo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!