More reliable drive mounting after host reboot

johnha

Jan 1, 2018
Hi, I'm having an issue with ensuring the physical drives on my proxmox hosts mount reliably after a reboot. Right now my /etc/fstab looks like this:

Code:
LABEL=SSD1 /mnt/SSD1 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SSD2 /mnt/SSD2 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SPN1 /mnt/SPN1 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SPN2 /mnt/SPN2 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SPN3 /mnt/SPN3 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SPN4 /mnt/SPN4 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2
LABEL=SSD3 /mnt/SSD3 ext4 rw,noatime,nofail,x-systemd.device-timeout=1,errors=remount-ro 0 2

I've tinkered with the fstab settings over the years with various sources across the internet, but I don't think I've been able to get this to be 100% reliable. I've gotten my CIFS mounts to be reliable, but unfortunately can't seem to get the directly connected drives to be as well.

Would appreciate any opinions on this matter. Thank you all in advance!

Thank you, @_gabriel -- I've updated to timeout 3, that seems very sensible!

I would enjoy seeing others' fstab configurations as examples if anyone would like to share :) thanks all

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!