More Metrics with PVE 6.2?

sb-jw

Famous Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hello,

after upgrading to PVE 6.2, I see a huge increase in bandwidth and I/O on our Graphite Server. Have the metrics been expanded with PVE 6.2? Since the upgrade, our Graphite server has a load of 30 and an I/O delay of ~ 50%. Before upgrading the load and I/O delay was about 5 for both.

Thanks!

Hi,

Have the metrics been expanded with PVE 6.2?

hmm, well, no but indirectly yes.. There was a bug for a few weeks out there which caused not all metrics to be received correctly by the metric server if UDP was used as transport. It's fixed in this release, so now you get the "full deal", it's 15 to 30 metrics per vm/node/storage and that every 10 seconds, IIRC.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!