Mixing Proxmox 7.0 and 7.1 backups not working

felipe

Oct 28, 2013
Hello,

we upgraded some of our vms of the cluster. (still on progress)
We moved some machines around so i unchecked and checked al vms on datancenter -> backup -> node(x) -> edit (all nodes have enabled in checkbox also)
I rechecked all vms are selected and the button with vms not in backup is not there. also backups are enabled for every host.

BUT: since changing this on a newer node (7.1) on the cluster it seems that this breaks the backups of all 7.0 hosts in the cluster. simpy no backups is run. only hosts with 7.1 are starting backup jobs. in syslog i cannot see any backup job startet in 7.0 hosts ...

trying to access the backup page from a 7.0 shows no backup jobs. seems that 7.1 is in noy way compatible to 7.0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!