Mix tagged and untagged traffic

Gertjan Groen

Apr 5, 2018
I'm using a bridde in Proxmox that is set up as VLAN aware, so I can use a VLAN-tag in the network configuration for a container.

Now I want to install Unifi Network Controller software to manage a Ubiquity switch. To adopt the switch it needs an untagged network.

I know it's possible to mix tagged and untagged traffic on one interface (although not recommended maybe?) but how should I set up the container to take the untagged traffic? I tried to just leave the VLAN-tag out but that did not work.

Best regards,
Gertjan Groen

please post the networkconfig of the PVE-node and of the container, as well as the container config - otherwise it's hard to provide help.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!