Minecraft server

Paldun

Jul 14, 2023
Hello!

I recently bought a server machine with a higher load capacity. I made an Ubuntu 23.10 server on it, on which I want to run a mod minecraft server.
The router has port forwarding and you can see the port from the outside, which is also open. I just can't connect to the server with my public address.
I tried a lot of things but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have any ideas? :D

How are you trying to access the server, via ip:port or DNS name? Can you ping your server from the outside?

I tried with my raw public address and domain name.

Attachments

• openport.png
    openport.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
I tried with my raw public address and domain name.
I assume you can access the server from inside your network, if so verify that the default Minecraft ports are open TCP Port: 25565. UDP Port: 19132.

Still not working. I tryed the udp port but the default port is only the tcp 25565. So far I only had to open that one :D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!