Migration (online/offline) of KVMs are failing

bemar

Nov 16, 2011
Switzerland
Hello,

we have a 3 Host Cluster Solution on 2.1-14.
When I try to migrate (offline) a machine from one host to another the copy procedure takes 1 second.
But the disks are not copied. The disk remains on the source machine and the target machine only have the configuration without the disk.
We are using local disks und IMHO this feature worked also with local disks.

What could be the reason?

Thank you

Best regards

Ben

EDIT:
Could it something to do with that? That mail I've getting since a few days.

/etc/cron.daily/mlocate:
/usr/bin/updatedb.mlocate: `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db' is locked (probably by an earlier updatedb)
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mlocate exited with return code 1

Last edited:
For offline migration of a openvz I got this:
Code:
Nov 15 17:09:06 starting migration of CT 100 to node 'proxmox3' (192.168.61.11)
Nov 15 17:09:07 container data is on shared storage 'local'
Nov 15 17:09:07 dump 2nd level quota
Nov 15 17:09:07 initialize container on remote node 'proxmox3'
Nov 15 17:09:07 initializing remote quota
Nov 15 17:09:07 # /usr/bin/ssh -c blowfish -o 'BatchMode=yes' root@192.168.61.11 vzctl quotainit 100
Nov 15 17:09:07 vzquota : (error) quota check : stat /var/lib/vz/private/100: No such file or directory
Nov 15 17:09:07 ERROR: Failed to initialize quota: vzquota init failed [1]
Nov 15 17:09:07 start final cleanup
Nov 15 17:09:07 ERROR: migration finished with problems (duration 00:00:01)
TASK ERROR: migration problems

Hello,

I had the same problem (I set the "shared" flag on local) on a VZ container "101" migration.
But the situation now is that physically I still have the VZ container on server1 (/var/lib/vz/private/101) and 101 is declared on server 2 without any "101" in server2 /var/lib/vz/private/
while the PVE website indicate that "101" is on server 2...
So it means the database is not coherent with the situation... and no way to remove "101" from server 2 using the the PVE (error command vzctl destroy 101 failed).
What can I do ?

BTW may I suggest to :
- disallow shared when local (or put an advise) when creating Storage
- to prevent PVE database to update as if everything where ok when it is not (may be difficult to manage !)

Anyway, thank you for this great piece of software integration !

Gilles

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!