Migration from ESXi8.0 to Proxmox 7.3 using clonezilla failed.

nwongrat

Feb 16, 2023
I have been trying to migrate from esxi to proxmox using clonezilla. There were 3 VMs I need to migrate.

First one is Window Server 2019 I can migrate using all default setting for both clonezilla and proxmox vm creation. It was success. I was really happy. However, happiness was not last. The other 2 were failed. I have tried to change some vm setting blindly (just try) but no luck. When start new vm from proxmox. it show blue screen and kept restarting every time. The content of blue screen was due to hardware change bla bla bla.

The other 2 vms were Windows 2008r2.

Is there any specific setting need to be done?

Thanks a lot. I did change the new vm from UEFI to BIOS and it worked.
I will try to uninstall VMware tools then try again. The monor problem after boot was unusable mouse in console. Only keyboard working which kinda pain but will live......

Now the problem is, after boot, my software license was gone. I guess it bind with something relate to LAN CARD.

Any other things, I could change, beside MAC address?

After clonezilla you should power off both VMs, change MAC on destination VM and then power it on. Good luck!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!