Migration error

starnetwork

Renowned Member
Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
I got this error on live migration try
Jun 21 13:23:10 @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
Jun 21 13:23:10 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Jun 21 13:23:10 IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Jun 21 13:23:10 Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
Jun 21 13:23:10 It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
Jun 21 13:23:10 The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is

any key update without reinstall system?

Best Regards,
Star Network.

if you do not know why this happens you are at risk, as the warning explains.

i would investigate very deep here.

I know why
I don't know how to fix it
the second server was proxmox 1.9 and I connect to this server from the first server to get the vps backups via sftp
so it take the key for the sftp.

now, after installation of new version (2.1) and connection to the first server on the same cluster
I try to get the vps's back and I got this message.

Best Regards,
Star Network.

not clear to me. if you create a cluster keys are exchanged between all nodes. this is done via pvecm add ...

how is 1.9 involved here? make sure you can ssh from each node to the other without needing a password.

Explain:
First step:
I have 1 Cluster of proxmox 2.1 with few servers
and another (not connected to the cluster) server with proxmox 1.9
I want to move the VPS's from the 1.9 to the cluster
and I did it with sftp, not with the cluster since the 1.9 server is not part of the 2.1 cluster

Second Step:
after all VPS's moved from the 1.9 I did clean Installation of 2.1 and connect this server to the cluster
and then, when I try to migrate servers to the new 2.1 server, that now is part of the cluster, I got this error.

Best Regards,
Star Network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!