Migration between nodes and local storages

ilian dimov

Mar 1, 2016
Is it possible via user interface to migrate as example lxc container from node 1 local storage 1 to node 2 local storage 2 ?

Node 1 has his default local storage
Node 2 has local storage and another storage which i assigned as dir it's another hard drive

For now i can't achieve this via web interface is there any workaround via console ?

First of all, you need to specify what is the version of proxmox 3.x or 4.x. Next you need to specify if they are both part of a cluster. If you have any NFS, iscsi etc share assigned to the cluster.
Corosync will sync the configs. I have not tried to share the local storage (By ticking the share) in the storage in datacenter. If you have then I wonder what shows up in the storage section under each node. Since local is already showing up under each node. /var/lib/vz/*
Even I am curious.

Proxmox version 4.1. both nodes are part of cluster. I don't have a nfs or iscsi.
On both nodes i have local storage which is ./var/lib/vz/. But on node 2 i have second hard drive which is mounted in /storage2 as example with ext4 file system and is added as directory from Datacenter storage section.
When I click to migrate it's not ask what kind of storage to use for migration of that node and move my lxc container on local storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!